SIM-VICUS is hosted on github, where you can download the source code, post feature requests and bug reports. This page also includes all model and developer documentation:
Below is a list of releases (currently pre-releases, as SIM-VICUS is still under active development):
v0.6.3-beta - Usability upgrades and many small bug fixes
This release is a consolidation release - we started using SIM-VICUS in some real-world projects and stumbled across quite a few issues that we fixed right away. With the larger models we needed to look at performance a litte and improved the navigation tree a lot (both functionality-wise and regarding performance).
Look at the closed issues list for details.
- SimVicus_0.6.3_linux_2021-10-12.7z 4.07 MB 1 download
- SimVicus_0.6.3_win64_2021-10-12.exe 10.77 MB 18 downloads
v0.6.2-beta - IDF Importing Upgrades
A lot of IDF import projects have been tested and bugs related to different IDF flavours have been fixed. Also, importing of slightly imperfect geometry (polygons with vertexes out of plane; polygons with same vertexes/zero length segments etc.) has been improved.
Also, the NANDRAD FMU Generator tool has received as substantial feature upgrade (sorting/filtering/input variable mapping), that might be particularly useful for larger simulation projects to be turned into FMUs:
Now there is also a manual (though in german) for this tool: https://ghorwin.github.io/SIM-VICUS/NANDRAD-FMU-Generator/index.html
Also, we switched to VC 2019 and Qt 5.15.2 on Windows.
- SimVicus_0.6.2_linux_2021-09-27.7z 4.19 MB 3 downloads
- SimVicus_0.6.2_macosx_2021-09-28.dmg 30.77 MB 3 downloads
- SimVicus_0.6.2_win64.exe 10.75 MB 11 downloads
v0.6.1-beta - Fine-tuning for Public Release
This version includes many smaller improvements and fixes, primarily targeting the Windows platform (Linux version works fine; Mac version seems to work fine, too). Also, IDF Import has been further improved - now pretty large models can be imported already:
- Windows : Windows 7 64bit...Windows 10 64bit; When running installer, Windows first blocks the execution; select "more information" and then install.
- Linux : Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and newer (and similar distributions), requires installed Qt5 libraries. Run SIM-VICUS in terminal and install missing library dependencies.
- MacOS: El Capitan (OSX 10.11) and newer; Requires "installation from other sources" being enabled in security settings.